Kincardine Township, ON
This township [Kincardine] is bounded on the north by the township of Bruce; on the east by Greenock and Kinloss townships; on the south by Huron township; and on the West by Lake Huron. The County Valuators say of this township: “Here we found a good part of good land and some very inferior land. The inferior land is on the west end of Range A, which is gravel and sand, with the most of the timber stripped off by fires, and also two wet sandy strips, which crosses the township from Huron to Bruce, and the east end adjoining the Greenock swamp is very low and wet. Durham Road, the main thoroughfare between Kincardine and Walkerton, passes through the south part, terminating at Kincardine town, which point is also the terminus of the South Extension of the W.G.&B.R.R. The township has an area of 58,393 acres, and a population, exclusive of the town of Kincardine, of 3,935. There are seven post offices in the township, viz.: Armow, Bervie, Eskdale, Glammis, Kincardine, Lorne and Tiverton.” First published in the “Bruce County Gazeteer and Business Directory for 1880-81” published by William W. Evans.